View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 04:35 PM
arbatistoni
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by NoValueAviator View Post
We aren't sure what they'll offer. Many are interested in learning in advanced what will be offered in a particular class, but it is not information Envoy makes available.

There is reason to believe that they will start sending new FO's to LGA again once an agreement entitling newly-trained FOs involuntarily send to NYC to 3 months of UNLIMITED hotels in NYC expires - I have read this agreement and do not see where it says the hotels deal expires, but many seem to think it is gone in Feb.

I feel safe saying that you will get a base transfer from ORD-LGA during the first vacancy bid run while you are in training provided you get the 145. Lately, Envoy has been making pilots wait 3-4 months for the transfer, so it is possible you could have to work in Chicago for a minute after IOE depending on timing. If you do not get the 145, we have permanent FO seat lock here, so NY will be off the table. You seem to know this already, but just in case.

There is unfortunately very little flying on the 145 in any base as a reserve pilot. I averaged around 10 hours a month while in NYC earlier this year. This fleet is extremely bloated with pilots. You can pad your hours with OT if you live in base, but I am not sure what a realistic expectation might be doing this.

Reserve in LGA is currently about 9 mos. out of training, 12-13 mos from hire.

NYC may close tomorrow, or it may double in size. Projections the co. shared with us recently suggested that it was being cut dramatically, but the reality has been very different (almost 30% off so far). AA is very capricious and unpredictable, and they are the ones who decide where we fly.
Based on the schedules being published for January it will be at least 9 months for me before steadily holding a line. and at least 12 months from Date of hire. So this ^ is accurate.

Reserve flying is crap unless you are senior on the reserve list and proffer for it, even then, no chance of going over guarantee.

Open time? What open Time? I request 99% of the open time I am legal for and almost never get approved for any. And if you don't live in base, i assume it would not be worth it.

in terms of base shrinkage? we lost 20 lines for a month but got at least some of them back the next month. Who knows what happens next month? hopefully good things . Right now, though, it doesn't seem like AA/Envoy are interested in growing NY.