Thread: Rescheduling
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 06:34 AM
Nacho Libre
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Underpaid, LCC

Originally Posted by Trowserchilli View Post
Your right it’s not the same. If ours goes into your day off you get 5hr.
Spirit get 200% on top of guarantee.
DAL also gets on top of guarantee.

ALPA already has issue with the reassignment policies. How is it even on the table for us?
Exactly. I see reassignment happening all the time in our airports with a crew base or even outstation if any hiccup would make a reassignment faster for the company to cover than wait for a reserve to get there. It will cost them, but not as much as system delays and especially any cancellations. I guess gone are the days of knowing what you are doing when you head to the airport. Better have your personal battery fully charged for a full duty day every time you go to work or call in fatigued.

If ALPA and APA are looking to fix the reassignment language, but we just essentially gave them the opportunity to really mess with us during our footprint this language was a BIG loss for us. Line holders are also on reserve effectively every trip within the footprint. I really don’t think the pay penalty will deter them from using the heck out of us. American pilots rescheduled 33% during the summer. F that.