Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 10:39 PM
Big E 757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: A320 Left seat

Originally Posted by Extenda View Post
That escalated quickly. I really think your comparisons are a bit of a stretch. I opined that to needlessly waste tax payer dollars while exascerbating our impact on the environment for no operational purpose is a foolish thing to do. Not really sure how that is in any way controversial. I also take umbrage to your insinuation that I would “dime” out my Air Force buddies. Maybe I am totally off base here? Only been at a major for less than a year so I’ll defer to my elders if I’m on the wrong side of this whole debate. Happy New Years!
My neighbor is a Reaper pilot. I was talking to him at a neighborhood Christmas party a few weeks ago and was fascinated by his stories. I talked to him all night. Most of what he does is classified but he could talk in generalities about his missions and his job. He is a former Air Wisconsin Pilot. Anyway, he recommended a couple books about the role of Unmanned aircraft in today’s military and the first book he recommended was “Kill Chain”. I thought it’d be about drone sorties and give me a look into the life of a drone pilots life. Instead, 80% of the book pretty much talked about all the wasteful military spending, funding unfulfilled promises from government contractors like Northrop, Lockheed, and smaller unheard of companies that make Billions of dollars off of the US Military War machine. I have a huge amount of respect for all of you who’ve served in the Military, and wish my timing had been better so I could have served too (graduated college in ‘93), but there is so much wasteful spending on projects that don’t do what they were intended to, I don’t think $12000 worth of fuel is going to move the needle on my tax situation.