View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 09:14 AM
Hawk739
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Right on the first count. Any DL pilot can generate an app review as long as your app is in and meets the mins.

Fill it out the second you meet the mins, and then update frequently. At least every 6 months, but every month when you're logging FW time is the best way.

Not sure how much flexibility you have with going to training, but try and avoid going the second you finish training at the airline. There's an FAA requirement that you get at least 100 hours in 120 days (I think the clock starts at checkride date but not 100% on that). There's a small window to extend that by a month, but you'll really want to get those 100 hours locked in. That way you can go out for medium term leaves and not have to retrain. You'll still have to go to the sim prior to returning to the line for 3 landings if you've been gone more than 90 days without 3 landings, but its way less re-training than if you never "consolidated" (gotten the 100 hours in the 120 day window).
Thank you, I appreciate your advice!

When it comes to recommendations from a Delta pilot, does it needs to be more than one? Or one Will suffice? My mentor is a Delta pilot who I met through OBAP and he is also helping me out with the app fill out etc. Also he told me when the time comes he will send a recommendation.

Also my unit commander told me I can count on him for a recommendation, can I add it even thou it is not from an airline background?