View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:47 AM
Guard
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by OhSnapAF View Post
He was fired for drilling, that is literally what happened. They supposedly got him on exceeding the USERRA limit of 5 years. My earlier omission of what happened actually makes the company look better so since you pushed it, there it is .
Thats interesting since most post 9/11 long term orders have been USERRA exempt per congress because we need so many pilots in the Reserves to do these deployments. I was on mil leave for 7 years from a commuter and never got a bit of hassle about it. I got asked about it in my NJA interview and was just honest that I was getting MIL PIC time verse's trying to live on $24 an hour in the right seat of an ERJ. Our DO said "I'l buy that, we would like you to work here but I thank you for your service" Got the job offer the next day.

CAL paid a multi million dollar fine for firing a reservist after 9/11, guy got re-instated and all seniority restored, its a big deal for a company to violate USERRA and military goes after companies who do pretty aggressively as they need people to fly in the reserves. I don't think NJA would be hostile to military from what I have seen as long as it's not abused!
I know a person in my unit that got a call from UAL Cheif pilot who told them "I don't care if you take mil leave and I can't do anything about it but your really screwing your fellow pilots when you drop mil leave 12 hours from your show, just saying people are noticing your keep doing this". Best smart and do what your supposed to do!