Thread: Rescheduling
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 03:50 PM
motorboatin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by V1 McFlyerson View Post
Highly punitive? Are you sure you know what the word punitive means? A reassignment that gets you back 2:59 after your originally scheduled release time for NO additional compensation is hardly punitive. It is plenty enough time to miss your commute opportunities, however.

Also, there is no penalty for unlimited reassignments within your footprint and there should be. Your unfounded theory of the way things are going to work under a completely new system is completely irrelevant.
Right, 2:59. You really gonna set the brake at 2:59? If so, well that's you're prerogative but likely most readers realize that you're not even being close to practical with an argument like that. But humor me, what do you get NOW if you get back 3:59 late on the same day following reassignment?? Goose egg, right pal?

"...no penalty for unlimited reassignments within your footprint and there should be." Please explain this in detail? I'm curious about this comment, there should be??? Why?? Because you emotionally believe??
Listen, while you're working, you go where you're told. You're not a mgmt guy. You're not an owner. You're a pilot. You're labor. Get paid if you're over. And, if you're honest with yourself, most of the time when reassigned, it works in your favor and you're home early. Sometimes by a day or two. Barring the meltdown two years ago (which in the new language would have allowed me to make house payments for damn near half a year) you're not getting screwed.
So I honestly don't believe you have legitimacy to spread fear based rhetoric like the sky is falling or that we're all going to fall off the edge of the earth as we get close to the horizon. None of that happened but those that thought it would, would have bet there lives on it.