Old 01-04-2019, 11:58 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
WHAT??

Do you mean to tell me that a 330+ page contract that needs a complete re-write doesn't accommodate current pilot group references, re-write, edit, proofread, and pass the lawyers recommendations all by itself??

... how lame ...
I know that I've personally seen things change at my current airline and I'll shoot him a text telling him about it. Sometimes he's not aware of it and I'm sure that sometimes factors into the construction of the document that they want. I'm one friend. He has many who contact him and I'm sure all of this requires constant updating to get it how he wants. This is just one issue I know he puts in work on. Many times he's working on this stuff at home... For FREE while everyone else is grilling out, drinking beer and watching the ball game.

Keep in mind that we all sit around in the cockpit and complain about the holes in our various contracts. What he does is extremely important and he'll be the recipient of 100% of the blame from yall when the new contract comes out - fair or not. It's important work and as a personal friend I can vouch that he isn't getting rich on it. He's doing it because he's passionate about it.

If he really wanted to get rich he'd be and be at FedEx or UPS right now. At his age that's far more lucrative than 5 hours of UB here or there and those airlines would be fortunate to have him.