Old 01-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by scrupulous View Post
  1. The forum was private to membership. Not like the current facebook page. Yes, I've been the sole poster due to no one willing to take the hits despite a very large number of members messaging me cudos and emails. If you look at the number of reads, I have many despite the site being relegated to the hinterlands. Having said this, I was almost arrested for dealing with a homeless guy in ANC back in September until they looked at the video from the restaurant. So I'm willing to back up what I say vs rhetoric.
  2. This was addressed earlier. At the last minute, our ExCo went from 5 to 7 by Eboard approval and only seven were running. Coincidence that the Eboard just magically came by this or by BK lobbying the Eboard to keep a possible challengers off to keep all the yes men in office? So ALL of the volunteers got put into office despite their qualifications. Even better for the ExCo Chair.
  3. To tell you the truth, I would have run for office. It's easier and you normally lay the work off to those more competent. I knew of three other competent folks that were thinking of running for office, but changed their minds at the last minute and I don't blame them since they have some character.

No per diem. You are correct. You get reimbursement instead for expenses. A little more paperwork.

Nope. A number of examples say otherwise. Guess you should complain about that.

Kind of funny when you don't control a site like the Facebook and union site. Equal ground sucks doesn't it. As a matter of fact, I probably shouldn't complain about your naming me here but I didn't.

Take caution. They have been willing to tell you anything. Back what they say up with 1224 legal or international. This ExCo has proven themselves disingenuous on a number of things. Don't put your job on the line with their say so. I know that isn't easy, but keep it in the back of your head.

Ditto.

Wish the entire ExCo would do this. I have recordings and emails saying otherwise. They are selective on who they will represent and even more so selling their narative. Wish it wasn't true, but this is who we have elected.

I don't have a personal (compensated) army as our ExCo. Most try to keep there heads down and I don't blame them considering this ExCo's actions. I would like to request the same treatment they are afforded though.

I have personally had to answer the call to the membership 24/7. Done so gladly patching in who needs to deal with such things involved at hand. I guess times change and expectations are different now. Guess volunteering has changed.

Maybe folks shouldn't volunteer for jobs they can't or won't do when it is inconvenient.
So again... What would you do differently from current leadership? Other than UB that is the least of the Atlas Pilot Group problems right now?

What are your plans for negotiations and securing a better contract? It would seem to me like that's the biggest problem that your pilot group faces.