Old 01-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Chemtrail1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by watch View Post
Hello to Commutair pilots -

After interviewing and receiving a job offer, I'd like to ask a couple follow-up questions to the folks flying.

A few of these can be answered by the recruiters, and that's the first source I'd recommend for certain types of questions. However, I'm asking here to try to get the "real deal":

1) On a typical 4 day trip, what's the average flight time added to your log book?
2) The company said that they need pilots and you can fly "as much as you want." On the flip side of that - do you ever feel pressured to cut corners or fly fatigued?
3) What do you think is the quality of training?
4) How often do you feel jerked around, extended into time off, given an inefficient trip, etc?
5) How does the line bidding process work, and are you generally able to get off the days you want?
6) Can you park your car at your domicile airport permanently?
7) The recruiter said we can use our 4 "commuter" hotels any time, even on vacation - is this true, and do you find this to be a nice benefit? What is the max you can charge and claim?
8) Deadhead pay: the recruiter said 100%, Aerocrewnews says 75%. Which is correct?
9) What type of EFB?
10) Is Commutair the best place to get flight time and upgrade quickly?

Thanks in advance - PM me if you'd like.

I'd love to see the consensus answers to these questions as well! Great questions!