Old 12-05-2007, 05:33 AM
FliFast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: I was acquired, Not Hired

Darn jumpseaters, don't they know when they get a seat in the cabin they don't have to help fly the plane....just sit back and relax and listen to the SWA Flt Attds sing songs that make fun of the other airlines.

Here's the kicker...the clown parade of Consumer Advocates for Passenger Rights would come out and make a statement of how terrifying this experience was and how Southwest did not do everything to protect them, and how each passenger should get money, free Rapid Rewards credits and lifetime tickets.

If I were king for a day, I would say, "Ok Clown Patrol, we will give you all that, but the new Fun Fares for let's say the Bay Area to Los Angeles will be $7039 each way". IMHO, the new passenger bill of rights will cost the airlines millions. Which of course is refreshing news given the price of jet fuel is at record highs. So if you are at a carrier who is near contract negos, it is my opinion that your managment will cite these two reasons as to why you will get coal in your stocking this holiday season. Put in simpler terms, if the passenger bill or rights is fully implemented, guess who will be funding it ? Two guesses and the first one isn't going to be the CEO's Quarterly bonus.

FF