Old 01-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Brody View Post
I'll dumb this down so you can understand it.

A prospective pilot for WU asked on a public forum for opinions from those who have worked (or are working) there.

Since I worked there, I offered my opinion. Some of you did - others didn't.

If you'll notice, I didn't attack anyone's opinion. Nor do I think I'm so clairvoyant that I know what other opinion-givers should have seen (or not seen) while working there.

Nor did I attack anyone's qualifications.

Nor did I make assumptions about the other posters.

Honestly, I didn't give others' opinions a second thought.

Why? Because . . . (wait for it) . . . I DON'T CARE if you share my opinion - or if our opinions are diametrically-opposed.

I just tried to do the person a favor - the same favor we've all asked before starting with a new company. You collect several opinions, weigh them based on their relevancy, and try to make an informed decision.

Now, if I were this person who originally asked the question . . . and I read some of your responses to my initial post where I stated my opinion . . . I would have serious misgivings about the pilots who fly there. Clearly, they don't tolerate differing opinions.

Safety violations or no safety violation, if I were forced to fly with a bunch of know-it-alls, I think I'd find another place to fly.

But hey - if it makes you feel better to continue to attack me, then please continue.

And if you think I care about your opinion, please reread this post
It's also worth noting that several guys who have left here have come back. One was in my class, one was my initial IOE captain. Fortunately for those guys they were smart enough to leave on good terms and were welcomed back. It appears that you may have burned that bridge now with your false accusations on a public forum.

I'm about to enter my 5th year at Gama and for sure have days that have frustrated me, but NEVER because I was asked to do anything unsafe.
The minute that happens my resume will be spread like strip club fliers on the Vegas strip!

Legitimate gripes are fair game for perspective applicants, but spreading false rumors of a poor safety culture is doing a disservice to them.