Old 01-06-2019, 12:53 PM
TOGALOCK
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by pilotlyfe View Post
So, I'm currently a part 135 captain on a twin turbine aircraft preparing to apply to the regionals and, to my knowledge, I failed four check rides. I failed my initial private, my private multi add-on, and my cfi single add-on twice (once on the oral and the other on the flight portion). I have never failed any of my 135 rides.

The FAA came out with the Pilot Record's Database online not too long ago and, after creating an account, I was able to view my records. However, under the Notice of Disapprovals section, it only shows two failures. My initial private and my private multi add-on. Can anybody tell me if this means that my cfi add on failures were not counted as failures in this section? When applying to regionals, if they ask how many failures I have, should I put 2 or 4?

Thanks in advance for the responses.
The PRD only includes disapproval notices under part 61 that took place after, I believe, 2010. What years did you take each unsuccessful checkride? I find it strange that the earlier failures would be there, but the CFI is not.

In any case, if an airline were to FOIA your FAA file, the pick slips from all unsat rides will likely be in there. They just haven’t been entered into the PRD. ALWAYS be honest in your applications and disclosures. If I were you I would request your full airman file by mail and give it a look through.