View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 02:37 PM
FlightCrewTools
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by Gspeed View Post
Do the extra vacation day(s) from category sick usage qualify under the same “Extra VAC Day” as stated above?

Additionally, how do we place these extra VAC days AFTER the vacations awards are published (but prior to April 1)?
To the first part, yes. Those extra vacation day(s) from the sick leave metric should appear as Supplemental Vacation Days. They can be placed just the same as rolled over payback days or purchased bank days.

To the second part see Han Solo's answer below:

Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
I just wait and see what vacation I get awarded then email [email protected] and tell them where to put the supp days.
^^^This. Just make sure you do it before the end of March (prior to the beginning of the vacation year on April 1)

Originally Posted by UGBSM View Post
Just to be clear, if I don’t specify during the vac bid where to put my supp days they are automatically added to the front or back of my last vac week. So I can later move them to the awarded week of my choice by email, after the bid is over?
Yes. This happened with my vacation bid last year and I was able to call the vacation desk and move them where I wanted them - as long as you do it prior to April 1, and subject to the PWA carveouts.

Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
That’s what I’ve done the last 2 years. I’m junior and have no idea what vacation week I’m going to get, so how can I possibly decide where I’m putting supp days? So far it’s been a painless process, sorry but you’ll have to do your own due diligence if you want a contractual reference.
Contractual Reference: PWA 12.N.4.b (Full Service Bank) & just as important 7.E.4 (placement of purchased & supplement vacation days at pilot's option)