View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Flyinguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default Piedmont Airlines News & Rumors

Originally Posted by skytrails View Post
Oh for crying out loud. No new hire is PLANNING TO STAY at piedmont for longer then a few years.

Fixed that for you.

The best-laid plans...

But there are also those pilots (hopefully not you) that is willing to screw over an entire industry (including themselves) to get ahead. Speaking of those picking up not double, or single premium, but STRAIGHT time! And if it wasn’t bad enough screwing the FOs out of triple, they upgraded and are now going to screw over all the CAs.

I understand you want your 1000 hours ASAP to upgrade and then want your 1000 PIC to meet that “magical marketable/desirable” number you were told to believe in.

First, The top isn’t worth it if you got there by stepping on everyone else to get to the top.

Second, there are thousands of 1000 PICs out there who haven’t got picked up, stop flattering yourself (in the general sense).

The company isn’t going to pay single or double or triple, if you (general) are desperately picking up straight time. I can slightly understand how you things can come up, and you need some cash, and you pick up single or double OCASSIONALLY. And I know we can't make a concerted effort to only pick up triple. But if we all realized on our own, that triple is the only amount worth it, it would be better for us all. But to not even be making any more money, just picking up time?! Seriously!?! You/we are worth much more than that too. Have a bit more respect for yourself and your profession than that.
/rant.

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
Piedmont has been around for quite a while (1930s as Henson flying service and 1960s as Henson Airline). As long as AAG can exercise cost efficiency in its operations Piedmont and the other WO will continue to exist.
I agree with this

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
Just over 160 are, actually and they’ve got another 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 years left until they flow.
Not so much with this. Those flowing now are 2013 hires, so <6 years to flow, decreasing to 4 years for the ‘15-‘16 hires. Then going back up again to 10+ years for the ‘18 hires.

Last edited by Flyinguy; 01-08-2019 at 09:32 AM.