View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 09:54 AM
skytrails
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
My math was in response to the off the wall statement by that NHs can expect to not be on property for more than a few years at PDT Not only are there plenty of folks on property past the 3 year mark at PDT, the last of them still has over two years to flow.

I used #81 since since Jan/Feb flows have been announced but haven’t left yet and picked the last person hired whose been on property greater than three years (Jan 4 2016 @# 244). I think we’re on the same page, just used different snapshots/starting points for our #s. It would be swell if the union actually kept track of flow dates, or the company published the flow tracker the CPs have had access to in the past, but alas here we are.

Flow worked out great for the 2015 hires.

For new hires considering PDT, flow is now approximately 10 years and should be lowest on their list of considerations when deciding whether or not to come to PDT vs going to another airline.
Good grief you people need to think outside of the flow and outside of your little piedmont bubble. The amount of people that don’t have apps in just because they flow in 2 years is astonishing. That 2 years could be 2,000 spots on the seniority list. Also you guys need to realize that this year alone FedEx, Delta, AA, United, UPS and SWA will be hiring close to 4,000 pilots. That’s not even including the likes of Frontier, Spirit, Alaska, and ACMI. Those numbers will grow the next couple years to probably 5,000+ a year. So when I talk about a new hire not being here in 3-4 years it’s because of hiring, not some worthless flow. Next 3-4 years should see over 15,000 pilots hired at the airlines I named. Now add up the total number of regional pilots. I know military guys and gals will take some of those slots but the majority will be hired from the regionals. Not sure about you but I like my odds of being one of those 15,000