View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:35 PM
RabidW0mbat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Agreed with the "ask again once you get out of training" comment, but to give you at least a little idea...

I passed my checkride early December, on IOE 2 days later. On reserve 2 days after getting signed off of IOE, used all but 1 days out of 10 reserve days, plus 1 out and back trip I picked up in open time that was one of the rare FO critical trips anymore.

I got CAE out of ground. I live in Chicago, and got awarded ORD while I was in CPT. I only actually did 1 trip out of CAE, but already had the trip assigned, so heading down the night prior was no big deal. Scheduling let me sit my last week of reserve in CAE in December in ORD, so no commuting was necessary. I'm currently top 3rd in RSV holders in ORD for Feb. Folks junior to me in my class already holding lines in CAE for February. Today was day 1 of a 5 day RSV sequence, didn't get called. Looking at open time tomorrow, there's a 50/50 chance I get called for those. I picked up 1 day trip this month in open time since it was an out and back and long segments, so my credit (at 150%) exceeded my TAFB, which is kind of my magic number to get me to pick stuff up.

After the last month, I can say with certainty living in base makes RSV so much more easier. I take my kids to school, my wife can go take substitute teaching jobs at will (we have emergency backup childcare on call). There's a chance I'll take a stab at MKE if I can hold a line for March, since it's a 90 minute drive.

Good luck in training.