View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 03:49 PM
gojo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by MainlineorSuici View Post
Nothing makes me sick like a young regional FO drooling over the thought of seeing 700 fellow pilots hit the street so his company can expand. The kool aid in this post is tangible. Excitement is understandable but why come to our house to say things like this? Several others (OO included) have done the same thing in this thread and it’s kind of sad. This behavior reminds me of the ‘ERAU CFI’s’ Facebook page that is now full of regional FO’s arguing which plane is better making claims like “well the CRJ can go M.01 faster, and “at least my passengers don’t have to gate check”

Besides, half of us CPZ guys are here because a few years ago XY was a burning dumpster fire with the worst QOL since Comair. Oh how things change
I’ve been through 2 bankruptcy's. I can recall feeling the same way during the Pinnacle bankruptcy with the net loss of airframes and the real threat of a shutdown. I remember reading many such posts from ASA and Skywest folk about receiving extra flying at another’s expense. I’m not going to lye, it angered me. I’m not sure anything can be done about it. In fact if we’re Compass receiving good fortune at another’s expense there would be some Compass pilots making those same insensitive comments. My point is, no pilot group is immune