View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 04:11 PM
stabapch
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by Longhornmaniac8 View Post
Seriously.

OP, if you're even remotely inclined to travel, take this opportunity and don't look back. I can almost guarantee you this will be the last time you're paid for 4 months in your life with absolutely no work obligations.

Don't spend it wasting away at home. Obviously, it's different if you have a family, but I've tried my hardest to make use of my 2.5 months. I've been to Honduras (Roatan) to go diving, East and Southeast Asia (China, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and Macau), and am currently in Florence, Italy visiting a friend after a few days in London.

We're given this amazing privilege of being able to travel essentially for free. My Beijing flights cost me $29 round trip, and I got premium economy one way and business the other. This Europe trip looks to cost me about $48 in taxes (avoid flying back from the UK like the plague), and odds are good at this point I'll get business both ways.

Take advantage of it.
Which carrier are you using? That seems alot less money than what I was reading based on taxes and base pay for international travel.