Old 01-10-2019, 08:38 AM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Question OK

Originally Posted by labbats View Post
Interesting two posts sir.

You’re an inspiration on how not to act.

And no I’m not sorry. Should I feel sorry for pilots when they strike? It’s all part of the possible work scenarios you should plan for. Unfortunately our society leases cars and puts dinner on credit cards so inconveniences become nightmares.
I fail to see how calling out a pompous, self-important series of posts from fellow pilots who seem to have no empathy for their fellow Americans, as "an inspiration of how not to act:.... If you look a my posting history, I am often standing up for others. I was raised to believe that was a GOOD thing, although I'm not trying to inspire anyone.

And having walked a picket line before, I do feel sorry for everyone involved in a strike... Yes, furloughs, strikes, economic meltdowns, life threatening illness... I have experienced them all, and survived them all. Maybe that is why I have more sympathy than average....

I am sorry that I have failed to inspire you, but it is hard to add to a cup that is already full. So, no Labbat, I won't tell you how you should feel or not feel, but I find it disturbing when someone goes out of their way to post on the Tool of the Day thread that they are specifically NOT sorry for fellow Americans, whom they work with every day, that are going through difficult and uncertain times. I really have a difficult time fathoming that lack of tact and empathy. Think it ... sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Say or post that you are not sorry that someone is getting furloughed or not getting paid = TOOL.
Good day, sir...

Last edited by B727DRVR; 01-10-2019 at 09:09 AM.