Thread: Envoy 2019
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 08:41 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
You are right. Very few understand the process. Because preferencing DOES increase your odds of getting what you want.

There were those that could have gotten what the wanted had they preferenced but did not because they only had displacements listed.

And if you aren’t changing equipment, you aren’t eligible for the 5 hour override. If NOBODY preferenced it would work. As much as I, too, don’t think anyone should preference, all those guys in the 175 who HAVE to stay in the the 175 are doing the right thing (for them) with a preference.
So I waited to post until I had double checked things and this post is wrong. In regards to preference bidding vs displacement, so long as they are forcing upgrades there is no advantage to preference bidding it, as it will all come down to what you can hold anyway.

If you could have won the award in a preference, you could have won the award with a displacement as well. So in reality, it really doesn't matter, except that by preference bidding you lose out on the override pay. This of course would all change if the company stops force upgrades, but as of now, they haven't.

In regards to the override pay, I have asked around and the company is awarding the override pay to FO's, regardless of equipment change or not. Let's hope that continues.