View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 04:38 PM
FTv3
Social Media retired.

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Bushmaster09 View Post
I would only add there is no culture here. If your into chain restaurants, strip malls, mega churches, and liquor stores....this place will be heaven for you. Otherwise dissapointment. Also the people here are very strange. What high school you graduated from or your religion you come from is everything to them. My neighbors stopped talking to me when I told them I wasn’t from here and didn’t have a clue about the high school they graduated from. It’s really weird!!!

What I said above excludes UPS folks. One of the main reasons I moved here was based on how nice the staff was to me. Just a warning, don’t let that fool you. This place isn’t the south and most people here are not pleasant and just plain weird. It’s really hard to explain, this is just a strange town that is mind numbing lame in so many ways.
Well... https://youtu.be/ZZvT2r828QY

All joking around aside, it has strong elements of a Deep South culture situated in a relatively small college town. You don’t get the diversity larger cities like Atlanta and Dallas get so it ends up being mostly nth local generation of white conservative Christians. Still, lots of non natives have moved in and made the town their home without too much issue, Salty being an example. Perhaps you just got a bad neighborhood? Perhaps not. Beauty of this job is you can literally live anywhere so there’s no real reason to live in base unless you can’t bear to be away from family for more than a few hours or as someone posted earlier, you have a family with special needs.

And it beats Memphis. So we have that going for us...