Thread: Jan/Feb classes
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 05:55 PM
AK Mightymoose
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default CJO with Stats and my experience

TT: 3500 all military
PIC: 1700 (800 of which is single engine turboprop)
C-17 time (Heavy International) 1600 hrs

I attended job fair in July, a week after I submitted my app, (4 months from my availability date). I also got an internal rec the same week. Several weeks and months later, I got 2 more internal rec's.

I am almost certain the job fair did it. HR gave me their business card and told me to call them the next week and I did. The phone interview (basic questions as posted other places) occurred 1 week later. I was given the Hogan right after that. Then 5 weeks later, got a call to set up an interview that was another 4 weeks away. Pool and CJO as posted above.

I really think the job fair was vital, but I didn't have my app in long enough to know if my application and 1 internal could have secured the interview (it said "active" when I finished it). All the airlines at this particular career expo didn't seem to care that I was there, but UPS read my resume, talked with me for a while, and made me input my email into their IPAD for tracking purposes. That was my one and only job fair. And UPS has been my one and only interview and CJO. I had apps in and 3 internal recs at each of the big 3 airlines for 7 months now. Strange right?

The hiring pool was frustrating and long because I thought I screwed something up at the interview, but perhaps I was being too hard on myself. I was surprised to get the pool letter so late too. I just think they are busy and the process is slow.

Thanks to all on here who posted so I could gain insight into this process, and I hope all can gain from my experience.