View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 08:49 PM
ORDinary
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by QuagmireGiggity View Post
I would happily put up with the noise, cramped cockpit. THat's not why it sucks so much. It's just an annoying airplane. 95% of people I've flown with that have flown both agree. Most people on the 737 ***** and moan about it. No one *****es about the bus. It's mostly that it's a non intuitive outdated crap system. High approach speeds ect. Sorry it has to be explained to you since you've flown both. These discussions will continue and it will always be 73 people on the defense vs the other way around. It will remain that way for a reason.
Just my opinion, but I can't imagine that a youngish new guy from the regionals is going to care about any of this or find anything about the 737 annoying. A lot of us came from planes without autothrottles that were a lot more cramped than a 737. My perspective (and the dozen or so with whom I went through training on it seem to agree) is that the 737 is really fun to fly and not that hard to learn. Maybe later when I've gained 30 lbs and don't want to work so hard (if that's what you call this), the Bus might be appealing, but for a new hire all that should matter is QOL. Bid to minimize or end your commuting, to get a line ASAP, etc.