View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 10:02 AM
bradthepilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by amcnd View Post
You think sapa and the company are that coordinated to pull that off?? And instructors were not EVER told to let anyone through the cracks... your statement is false.
I've only been at SKW for six months and change, and still learning lots of things about the business, the 121 environment, and so on. However, my previous gig in engineering/engineering leadership provided me with a lot of valuable knowledge that is still helpful. For example, often we are tempted to judge others by their actions and ourselves by our intentions.

I can't help but wonder if something like is what is behind mr. apple's statement.

I've made mistakes on the line, and have learned from them, thanks to gracious captains who were willing to share their knowledge. I've also flown with captains who have made mistakes on the line and learned from them, graciously, after I've suggested that something wasn't quite right. And, I've flown with one or two captains who believed they could do no wrong while acting in direct contradiction to the SOPM (full reversers down to taxi speed with > 2000' of runway remaining for example) but even there I learned something from them. Fortunately the latter seem to be few and far between at SKW. Almost everyone is great to work with.