View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 04:54 AM
mmr1419
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Post Advice needed. Return to industry.

Hey,

I need some advice on what type of flying to do to get current before going to the regionals. I will not have flown in 4 years by the time I am submitting applications and interviewing. My TT is 2100 , mostly in a Cessna 402 at Cape Air. I already have my ATP. I want to be best prepared when and if I do get hired.

I already am planning on a BFR and IPC. What else can I do to prepare myself to be successful in training in the 121 environment? I feel confident I would be successful, but I don't want to be knocking the dust off in training. I am doing all the ground studying I can now, while I wait to return to the states for the flight training. Also I'll be paying out of pocket for all the flight time, so is it worth it to rent a twin?

Also, I just found out we are being stationed an hour outside of PSP. I know skywest is out west, but what other regionals would you recommend looking into for the best commuting? I'm not too concerned about upgrading fast or moving on to the majors anytime soon. Just want to get my time in at a regional and fly a jet for once.

Thanks for any info/advice.