Thread: Ytd atlas !!!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 06:18 AM
scrupulous
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by atpcliff View Post
Not correct. The IRS manual uses an example of a truck driver based in PHX. ALL of the driver's trips start and end in PHX...which makes PHX the driver's tax home.

For many Atlas pilots, the above does not apply, because only a minority of trips start and end at their base. The IRS does not explain that situation...at all. This is why Imputed Income was being done in a non-standardized way, and not in accordance with IRS rules.
While I definitely believe this imputed income process was created internally by our infamous cato regime in management due to the fact they immediately came to us after it's implementation saying that they could make it go away if we got rid of gateway. ----NO KIDDING. At every subsequent attempt to fix CBA issues by the union this came up. The company could have always put this in the books as a normal corporate travel expense, they chose not to and used it as leverage at every opportunity.

Anyway, imputed income was challenged by one of our guys (MJ) that group sourced funds to do it and it didn't didn't favor us in the end. BTW that was under ALPA's watch and they did nothing. IRS isn't in the business of giving money back if they can help it. Especially if the money is in their possession.

1224 even hired a tax law office to review it again after we moved to IBT around 2012. Didn't work out for us any better. PM me if your interested and I'll send you what IBT got on it from them.