Old 01-13-2019, 09:09 AM
AFTrainerGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
AFTrainer - trying to tell an airline guy that the 727 type is the same as the 707 might be a good way to not get hired. If it's just an accidental typo here's it's no big deal.

If it's on a license it should be fixed.

To the OP - you have your CFI? Military conversion? You can fly on the side and currency would be a non-issue. If anything it could show a dedicated effort to stay flying. I know a guy, non military current, who went from the Pentagon in a non flying slot and had interview offers from DL, UA, and SW. How? Being a MEL CFI in his time off might have paid HUGE dividends. Instead of maybe having to spend 6-12 months at a regional he retired on Friday(?) and went to new hire training on Monday. That additional 6-12 months at the end of his career will be worth $250-500K+ (direct salary plus retirement principal growth minus regional FO pay). So is flying as a CFI in you limited time off worth $75/hr? Maybe, maybe not. If it gets you hired 6-12 months sooner at a major? For $250-500K? Most guys would put the effort in for that much money.
Slice... that’s what I was saying. A 727 has no relation to a 707, although we did get a b-720 type (I don’t even know what it is). My warning to him was if it’s a typo, no big deal, but if it came up in a interview and he answered it the way he did here (they were the same), it might give a lot of looks around the room. Maybe I wrote my j it UAL response wrong, but what you said is what I was trying to say.... those two airplanes have really nothing in common at all (727 vs 707)