View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 04:11 AM
Flogger
Part of the problem

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: CRJ200 CA

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
The reason I ask is sadly I did not pass my check ride at GoJet after having had several extra sims. They said they would welcome me back in 6 months if I take a jet transition course.

They even contacted me the day after I returned home last Thursday. He said he spoke with Randy and wanted to pass along that Randy also said to take a transition course and I would be welcomed back.

For me it was a big jump from being a Cessna CFI. I got my flight hours over many years while working full time. Steam gauges and no autopilot.

I was really close to ready but messed up a couple of things and that was it. If I just could have had one more sim I’m confident I could have done it. I had a two week break over Christmas after sim 10 and don’t think that helped much either.

That was exactly what I messed up the single engine go around also sadly the two engine go around. I for some reason started to do a stall recovery is my best guess and raised the flaps too soon. And not enough rudder on the SE go around

I was thinking maybe getting a MEI might say I did something to make myself better if I can’t find a jet transition course. Last I flew a twin was two years ago

Really bummed out right now...
I have no doubt if you contact ATP or FLIGHTSAFETY, they can put together a 2 or 3 day program for you, but be prepared to open your wallet. Most likely ATP would be more reasonable, using a no-motion FTD.

In truth, some regionals are doing new-hires a disservice by hiring folks who aren't ready. What do they care if you end up with a PRIA event or have to disclose to future employers that you did not complete a 121 training program?

Good luck, but my advice is don't try to short this. As desperate as GJ is for pilots, if they busted you out, you shouldn't be there right now. I've heard some awful things about they're training department, but your background leads me to believe you actually aren't ready.

You definitely can get ready, but it ain't cheap and some MEI signing off on something in a prop is not gonna cut it. Just my take.