View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 04:59 AM
calmwinds
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
The reason I ask is sadly I did not pass my check ride at GoJet after having had several extra sims. They said they would welcome me back in 6 months if I take a jet transition course.

They even contacted me the day after I returned home last Thursday. He said he spoke with Randy and wanted to pass along that Randy also said to take a transition course and I would be welcomed back.

For me it was a big jump from being a Cessna CFI. I got my flight hours over many years while working full time. Steam gauges and no autopilot.

I was really close to ready but messed up a couple of things and that was it. If I just could have had one more sim I’m confident I could have done it. I had a two week break over Christmas after sim 10 and don’t think that helped much either.

That was exactly what I messed up the single engine go around also sadly the two engine go around. I for some reason started to do a stall recovery is my best guess and raised the flaps too soon. And not enough rudder on the SE go around

I was thinking maybe getting a MEI might say I did something to make myself better if I can’t find a jet transition course. Last I flew a twin was two years ago

Really bummed out right now...
Have you applied somewhere else that flies the CRJ and let’s you pick your aircraft? I would view the training you received at GoJet as your Jet Transition Training and just go someplace else. Don’t wait 6 months for the skills to get rusty. If not 121, get some 135 experience.