View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Throwitaway
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default Keep trying and apply everywhere!

I can only speak to the airline I work for and what I've heard from recruiters and chief pilots here but a failure at gojet is different than a failure at say envoy/psa/skywest/endeavor. I would submit applications EVERYWHERE and when someone gives you a response and it's time to interview, explain the situation with class and integrity. Highlight how you learned from the failure and are ready to come back stronger. Most importantly take responsibility, we all have made mistakes, whats important is how we learn from them. Gojet is a sh!t bag operation with some really good pilots who have been dealt a bad hand from going there. Industry managers know this and are more likely to give a gojet refugee a second look versus a failure from higher calibur training environment. (I use higher calibur loosely since we are talking about regionals, they're all bags of sh!t, just some more than others). I'm sure you feel beat up right now but you're not the first to travel this road and wont be the last. A hiring manager wants to see that you are determined to come back successful. Luckily for you, this industry is hurting for pilots, someone will give you a shot. I've seen people in much worse circumstances come back and achieve success.

Keep your head up bud and don't let your dreams be dreams, get your apps out to every 121 in the game right now, just DO IT!