Old 01-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
I'm sure I'm being slightly legalistic, but it just sounds strange mixing civilian and military terms because they don't mean the same thing.

A "Rated Pilot" in the USAF means someone who completed UPT and has wings. There's no such thing as a "non-rated pilot" in the USAF. A pilot, by definition, is in a "rated position". The USAF doesn't refer to someone qualified in a particular aircraft as "rated" in that aircraft. If someone is trying to discuss a pilot's quals, maybe they say "trained" or "qualified" or "current" - not sure if there's really a common vernacular. But the word "rated" means somethings very specific in the USAF.
I think it’ s less involved than that. I think it was just inartfully worded and came out with sort of ambiguous grammar.

From the url it is apparent that they have an opening for future KC-46 pilots, that they will consider non-rated personnel to be sent to UPT and/or rated personnel, any or all of whom will then be sent to KC-46 RTU.

Between Boeing being Boeing and the USAF procurement process, I doubt if the few rated people out there who are qual’d in the KC-46 are anywhere near the end of the ADSC they got just from the KC-46 RTU.

Still, grammar and everything notwithstanding, a real opportunity for someone.