View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 04:10 AM
calmwinds
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
Whoa. 2 regional programs busted in 1 year?

Not to be a dik, but you are not up for this, at this time. I would suggest you do not start another 121 training program until you have completed a jet transition program or get a jet type rating.

If you try and fail at another 121, you may very well shut yourself out of the biz.

Coming to 121 from non-jet GA is for the young who have been recently flying pistons with GLASS COCKPITS and still have plastic brains. This is not for old guys.

I had a guy in my class who came from years of corporate jets with an FMS. BUT, that FMS was different than our FMS. He couldn't get past the procedure trainer just because of the different FMS. The point here is ....well, I forgot it already.

SEE!!! Being old sucks in this biz!!!

Just my tuff-love opinion.
I don’t agree that old guys can’t make it. All regionals, except for wholly owned ones that can be picky, are hiring old guys. And, even though the wholly owned regionals seem to get away with age discrimination by using criteria such as how much an applicant has flown in the last 6 months, it is against the law for a regional to age discriminate.

Like I said, try Mesa if you want to try again. But, I can also say, they aren’t going to pass you unless you have the skills.