View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 08:46 AM
Erroneous
Goin Streakin!

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: Hogless

Originally Posted by AAfng View Post
Correct if I am wrong: dropping a trip has nothing to do with whether you can PVD it or not. Yes, you wont get paid but you can still drop (assuming it is green). If your goal is more time at home then I dont see floating as a way to achieve that.

Either way, 13% of the pilots floated and I bet a majority of those are just greedy
Dropping a trip has nothing to do with PVD. The system is stacked against most having the ability to drop a trip. Yes if your trip is green then you can get rid of it but more times then not that “green” trip doesn’t exist unless you are senior. Even so if I have a 82 hour month and have to get rid of my 5 day, with a trailing redeye, due to a week+ long impending hospital stay having Something to makeup a little of the 26+ hours lost might be needed.

All that said I have no doubt most who floated did it out of greed. Last time the union ask for a no float I complied and it is part of the reason I continue to have no ability to float anymore. Lastly the same group started he outcry for publicly publishing the names of those who dodnt comply. That is the wrong move. It should be up to the union to go thru each one to find out why, not the lynch mobs right for justice.