View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 08:51 AM
avi8tor614
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by calmwinds View Post
I say some regionals age discriminate. Go look at the new hire class pictures at Envoy versus SkyWest. It is evident Envoy is not hiring in a balanced way from the pool of applicants based on age.

And, what chances does he have?

To be honest, he has his best shot right now if he stays with the same jet and finds another company that will hire him. The knowledge is all fresh. He can tell his next company’s sim instructors where he needs to focus and get additional training if he presses hard enough. I just don’t think any 121 operation will hire him.

Two strikes is pretty bad. His chance for the majors is over. He will be a captain at a regional for the rest of his career, at best.
Not true at all. I know personally know a few people who washed out a few times at different airlines and now at the majors, also know great pilots who have never had an issue at all still sitting waiting for the big call. Don't ever give up Is what I tell people if you don't make it you don't make it, but at least you tried. 60000+ airline pilots at majors not all of them are/were check airmen, chief pilots, no DUIs, not Mesa ect lol. You want increase to your chances yes, but there are regular GOOD pilots out there with maybe a blemish or two some even 3 or more. I always tell people it took me 82 hours to my private at Riddle. People laughed said I was slow, should not be a pilot, try something else ect. Guess what 10000 hours later. Look what hard work gets you. May not be my dream company but I'm doing what I LOVE. Thats aviate, navigate and communicate. Wish our brothers and sisters some encouragement. If it's not in there future aviation has a way of weeding out those who don't belong. He will probably get to the majors before I do