View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:20 AM
Fixnem2Flyinem
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

I made in the range of 2100-3000 take home a month including per diem. Note that take home was without medical benefits and min contribution to retirement. The reserve schedule you will be closer to the 2100 figure if you don’t fly much, once a line holder you’ll be closer to the 3000. If you don’t like having a life outside of work you can pick up trips on your days off, sometimes for premium and make more cash. I grossed 45k without the bonus(55k with it) and took home around 33k outside of perdiem

Their “pay calculator” is enough to confuse an accountant. They have a really confusing breakdown on your paycheck and not the greatest answers when you have questions about pay. Example, I noticed my pay was 200 dollars less on month. That was because instead of paying me 37.5 hours for that period, they paid me 32.5 for not crediting as much the earlier the previous month... At least that is the explanation I was given. So trying to figure out exactly how the pay works does take some time, to be honest I’ve been here a year and half and am still figuring it out. I don’t have many issues at Horizon and genuinely enjoy working here, just giving you honest numbers for year one

Last edited by Fixnem2Flyinem; 01-17-2019 at 09:35 AM.