View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 06:12 PM
itsmytime
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
Yeah I went to SkyWest Sept 2017 and went home Nov 22, 2017 slow progress in the sims.

Started at GoJet Mid October 2018 came home January 10th

I was really close maybe just one or two more sims to solidify my skills. They did say I flew the sim well just messed up on the go around. I know the procedures chair flying but of course it’s different in the sim.

As to my age I’ll be 61 this March so probably takes things a little longer to stick.

Just frustrating I know I was close to being able to pass but it is what it is I guess.

Hopefully it doesn’t matter to you guys but I’m a female pilot. Was a mechanic in the Army and was an airplane builder in the Seattle area. Basically a blue collar worker most of my working life. Paid for my ratings one by one from my hourly paycheck. All part 61 time. Got my private in 2003 and my CFI in 2014. Went from zero hours in 2002 to 1,500 hours in 2017 I’m sure most of you guys flight time was more compressed than mine was.

Never had any illusions of getting to the majors just not enough time left. Didn’t really want to be regional captain unless they made me. Just wanted to be an FO with maybe some seniority for better bidding. Just a small dream...
Stick with it. Don’t give up! You’ve worked too hard for too long.