Old 01-18-2019, 05:31 AM
AlphaBeta
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Stratoflyer09 View Post
Currently on a staff assignment and looking to set myself up for applying to a major airline with the next assignment. I'm looking at going back to a MAF operational unit or requesting to go instruct at the FTU (Schoolhouse). Operational unit locations are aligned with guard/reserve units I would like to join, but the FTU is deployment protected. I'll be 13 yrs in when I have the option to separate, including next PCS commitment.

Ultimate goal is landing a major airline. Would the FTU offer any brownie points on an airline app/interview? Other thoughts? I assume I would also risk catching a 6 month deployment at Ops Unit.

MWS Evaluator Pilot
2200+ Total Time / 900+ PIC
FTU instructor would help your app greatly, especially since you are on the low side on hours for heavy guys. How much time is left on your current commitment? Are you currently attached to a unit and flying every once in a while?

Each answer changes the variables in the equation. If you are within a year or so, palace chase to the guard. They will requal you and you can build hours there. If your goal is getting on with one of the majors you have to get on as soon as you can. The difference between a 19 hire and a 22 hire will be drastic. Qol, career earnings and progression. Just my two cents.