Thread: Ngpa 2019
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 06:35 PM
FollowMe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by baseball View Post
So....You presume I am a white middle class male?

I come from a poor rice farmer (plantation mind you) south Louisiana farmer. No one was poorer than me. No one. And guess what, I made it. Hard work is what my family was all about. Color and class matter not (and I mean that).

Funny thing (yeah....real funny). Mom grew up in a new orleans housing project and dad came from a LA. rice plantation.... HA! white middle class my arse.

I actually know what government cheese tastes like and what commodity peas are all about.

I would politely say....screw you!

Hey, if you are a black, lesbian female.....get this....you have a decided advantage of getting hired here. Too bad actually.
Classic post hoc ergo propter hoc red herring. I'm a (insert disadvantaged class) and I made it out, ergo no classes are disadvantaged and no classes have advantage.

If your story is true (taken with a grain of salt on an anonymous internet forum), you should certainly be proud of your accomplishments. But you should not disparage everyone behind you who didn't get the breaks you did. All successful people got breaks along the way, regardless of where they started from. And to act as though anyone who didn't get those breaks simply "didn't want it enough" or "didn't work hard enough" is the height of hubris.

Originally Posted by baseball
I feel compelled to help you a little bit.

Are you familiar with the term "box score?"

It's the official scorers report at a baseball game.

During a baseball game, the scorekeeper doesn't put an "asterick" next to the gay player, or the black player, etc for a hit, or an error. he just scores it.

in baseball, its all about the BOX SCORE.

I encourage you to read the Jackie Robinson story. or watch the movie.

Why?

Branch Ricky told Jackie Robinson no one will care what color you are once you do the job.

Doing the job is what matters.

In baseball, it's all about balls and strikes. You get what you earn and you earn what you get.

Baseball, America's past time reflects our nations values. It's all about making your own luck. In baselball, and in business, no one cares about your background, or your demographics. You either beat the competitor, or you get beat by the competitor. simple actually.....
Quite ironic that you would use a black man who was only given a chance because a white man decided for him in an attempt to prove that it's all about hard work. Without Branch standing up for Jackie it didn't matter how talented he was, there was a structure in place that didn't allow him to advance. If you think that those structures magically disappeared the moment Jackie set foot on the field I have some oceanfront property in Arizona you may be interested in.