Thread: DGI Rates
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Mesabah
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Baradium View Post
Considering Delta didn't interview them before, what is your solution? Well, I already know it's that being at Endeavor means you should have a guaranteed job. The hypocrisy here defies even the most simplest of logic. You don't complain that sometimes SkyWest or Compass pilots don't make it past the interview. After all, they fly Delta passengers in many times in planes owned by Delta to the same airports in the same weather. Your complaint is that Delta has a hiring process at all, because even if the acceptance rate was 99.99% it wouldn't satisfy your complaint.

I agree that the hiring process is very difficult and opaque, but this whole thing where you act like them being allowed to come back to Endeavor is the indicator of how great they are is laughable. You talk as if you think they should prevent pilots from going back to work if they don't pass the interview, although I guess that would take care of this argument if that was a new condition of the program.

Your argument is played out and doesn't actually make any logical sense. Although it does make it seem like your best argument for why some people should be hired is that they happen to work at Endeavor.

As far as the guy not passing day 2, it'd be nice to have more information. My understanding is that it's exceedingly rare and they do a secondary review after day 2 denials. I've talked to people who knew pilots denied on day 2, but as far as I recall they were all accepted after further review.
Should all Endeavor pilots have the SSP, or the DGI?