View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 07:13 PM
AeroCrewSolut
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2012

Originally Posted by Arrow22
I'm not sure where to put this but I've been filling out my airline apps and have come to a dilemma. I am currently at a regional and looking to move on. Over ten years ago I was convicted of a DUI and had my license suspended for 3 months, however, the conviction was later dismissed. The DUI and suspension does not show up on any background checks of any kind. My question is, how do I answer the DUI questions on airline apps? It was dismissed like it never occurred so does it count as a conviction? I don't want to lie but I also want my best shot at a job. Will checking "yes" automatically throw me out of the pool? Is there a way to explain this via the website? I did disclose it to my current airline. I appreciate any input.
The question states “Have you ever” not “Is anything on your record?” Something that happened over 10 years ago is no indication of who you are today. Change your answer to YES and give a brief explanation of what happened. We all make mistakes, it is what you do after the mistake that matters the most.