View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 11:02 AM
Skyward
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
Let’s just say we have different perspectives....

I encourage you to look at the gps groundspeed on a taxiway, pretty much anywhere.

Help me understand how 50 or 60 knots anywhere other than a high speed turnoff is legit. (Because I guarantee if your plane has SWA on it, you are seeing those speeds.)

I don’t do that, and I don’t fly with people who do, but I damned sure see SWA do it every day, everywhere.

Everyone sees it. All of us have seen the fun maneuvers down final to bleed off speed too. Just saw the steep turns up and down final trick the other day..... Please don’t try and tell us we aren’t seeing this stuff. We are all pilots who fly the same (or similar) planes, and we know what we are looking at.

You might be cool with it, and that’s OK..... Right until it doesn’t work out.

People excuse that culture because “we only fly the 737, so we are really used to it,” or whatever. But it’s catching up to y’all.

Some of us don’t get in a plane and play those games. SWA is one place I never applied to. I know enough to know I wouldn’t fit in there. I’m just not wired to be a risk taker, and I do understand how getting in a hurry is an unnecessary risk. It’s not good teamwork, it’s not playing ball, it’s dangerous and stupid.

There are a lot of good things about your company and culture, but that stuff should be stopped. It will stop, as soon as a really big event happens.
That’s a lot of words just to explain that you really don’t know what you’re talking about. How can you know about a culture that you’re not part of?