View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 11:25 AM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Hilltopper89 View Post
One off story. There’s a reason my brother (CLE) called me and said he’s done with Spirit. It s not that they mishandle bags. It’s that when they do it’s ridiculous. You get what you pay for. But by all means, keep defending horrible customer service. My “one off story” happened to be within days of a post about how great Spirit is. Spirit is what it is. It’s a super cheap ticket to get somewhere if you need to get there with no bags and no problems. Just don’t confuse it with being a top airline.
Coming on 2 decades combined flying UAX/UAL now. From the pre 9/11 heyday "United Rising" B.S. to the darkest of the BK, to the current climate.

If I had a dime for EVERY TIME a friend, relative, acquaintance, random person told me how much we suck and they're done with us because of (insert policy/incident here) happened to them......

And guess what? Due to frequency, destinations, route structure, whatever they KEEP BUYING TICKETS ON UAL.

And because Spirit keeps doing what they do, sure, your relative may be done with them, but other people that make that statement WILL KEEP COMING BACK.