View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 06:54 AM
jacburn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by da42pilot View Post
Don’t confuse fleet size with productivity. You’ll fly a lot at either one, but for example, Envoy is much bigger than either of those airlines and their pilots have been sitting around on reserve a lot.

You’ll really fly a lot at either place. That’s an easy tie between the two, other than maybe you’ll get a line a little quicker at commutair.

This is speculative, but also consider the rumor of a merger between those two airlines. What would you get if you joined C5 that you would not get through XJT? A much bigger bonus and perhaps less time sitting reserve. At XJT, you’ll get awesome training that’s practically personalized given our small class sizes and per my understanding, a much better contract.

Besides that, look at your commute. Does going to either one avoid commuting? If yes, in my opinion, there’s your answer. Commuting isn’t the devil but it definately makes life harder. It makes it harder to fly more too!

Second, commuter policy. XJT has written rules that are pretty much industry standard but I also know enforcement is pretty lax. They get commuting is hard and A ton of people have been displaced, especially out of Atlanta and Dallas. Scheduling works with you here.

I can’t speak for C5, maybe they have commuter hotels? That would be really nice.
77D2211A-81A5-4849-929A-389C91ABAB71.jpeg.

The commuter policy is the same at each airline.

C5 was the leader for commuter rooms. We get 4 a month.

How many does xjt give each month?