Thread: CPAP compliance
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 05:57 PM
PressOff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Angry

Originally Posted by KODI3 View Post
Dental/Positioning device is way to go. No distilled water requirement, very compact (fits in pocket), and, as of now, NO recording available which negates annual consult/report from DR. These have been just as effective as CPAP for Mild OSA and are much less cumbersome as well as covered by most insurance companies. Once your device has been properly adjusted, one sleep study proving effective controlling of OSA should suffice for FAA...

Airway Labs - Fabricator of The TAP(R)

https://www.dynaflex.com/dental-slee...evices/dorsal/
I've been on one of these for a couple years now with no issue, submitting the usual annual update from my Dr that states no issue/comorbitities. I tolerate it so much better than cpap also. However, out of the blue, the FAA just sent me a letter requesting a get a new sleep study with the device. We don't know what triggered this as nothing has changed, ie no weight gain (actually weight lowest I have in years)etc. I'm stumped as this is a huge financial burden that insurance won't cover, plus I only have 60 days to comply with my already impossible schedule as a commuter. I hate the FAA.