Old 01-24-2019, 07:01 AM
LightFlight
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Fastest path is probably Commutair or Expressjet.
I appreciate the feedback.

That's kind of the feel I've had thus far. Flow/CPP probably means little for me. With Republic/Endeavor the best case would be to start indoc before deployment and come back 1.5 years later and do all the training fresh. In some ways I'd feel more comfortable doing that than trying to pickup 121 flying after having flown two months on the line before a deployment. When I get back, I should have enough seniority to fly as much as I want with them.

1.5 years seems like an eternity for the regionals, when I look at my notes from when I started thinking about this a year ago, Endeavor paid FOs $30/hr and was looked down on, Piedmont was the big shiny because of forecast 4 year flows, and now look at things.

With the unpredictability on the deployment I face, it could be that I wouldn't consolidate under Expressjet/Commutair or even make it to Indoc at Republic/Endeavor (depending on when they pickup hiring). On the flip side, I could spend 9 months at any of them on the line.

Final option would be to just apply after the deployment, but that'd mean being unemployed while I get my physical up to date and find a class date.