View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 07:56 AM
Never2Late
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Default GPA? Should I worry....

I see a lot of people talking about GPA's when it comes to applying at an airline. My situation is I am back to flying after 20+ year break, got my commercial, CFI, CFII all in the last 12 months. My high school GPA (back in the late 80's) was 2.8 (if I remember correctly), went to a state college for a 1.5 years (due to being hard to get classes, I only ended up with MAYBE 30 credits) and GPA was "not good" (no clue what it was). Decided I wanted to get into Real Estate, got my Real Estate License at 21 then Real Estate Brokers License and have been pretty much self-employed since 21. After 2008, made a change and now have a contractors license. I have been very successful in business (all the way thru) which has now afforded me the $ to get back into flying. Would love to finish my working career as a pilot, should I worry about GPA's from that far back (should I even mention that I had "some college")? Will they care about my grades when I have a 25 years work history? My thinking was to take either online courses or courses at a local Junior College and use those grades to increase my blended GPA. I should say the low GPA is not due to lack of knowledge, rather lack of applying myself back then because I was alway focussed on "getting rich" so I would read every real estate investing book available and didnt care so much about "Western Civilization"