Thread: UPS 2019 Hiring
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 03:00 AM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by FTv3 View Post
Don’t think you need much of a calamity. Just a little slowdown, and say a new competitor taking ground in the market -could easily make the MDs go away much sooner than anticipated. Suddenly those shiny new 74’s and 76’s aren’t growth airframes after all.
I suppose I’m not quite as convinced as some the MDs are going to disappear the same way the DC8 did, especially in the next few years.

Given lift needs and the current network (witness ANC whale crews doing MCO and DFW turns from SDF) there would almost certainly have to be a SDF 74Y domicile before that happens. And that isn’t going to happen until they did themselves out of their massive training hole...

And what’s a 2014 hire going to upgrade into anyway? A slightly bigger paycheck with crap qol, working the worst brown has to offer?
That’s the same thought process that had Delta NYC MD88 Captain awards going to folks with less than two years on property.

I’m not particularly interested in being super junior again...but there’s ALWAYS somebody - especially those who live in domicile - willing to make that leap.

Besides, wouldn’t it be great to have the option?