View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 08:11 AM
jcountry
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014
Default Guard... Again....

I have noticed a real uptick of guard games again.

Seriously.

Stop this stupid ass crap.

It’s damaging to the image of the entire profession. We try to market ourselves as people who work long and hard to get into this career, and we want important groups (investors, politicians, passengers, the media) to see us as professionals who deserve fair treatment and decent compensation.....

Yet, we tolerate guard games.

I don’t expect that anyone stupid enough to meow all over an emergency frequency will one day wake up normal.... BUT there are at least two people in every 121 cockpit. Whomever sits next to these idiots needs to say something.

If you are worried about saying something directly to these people, at least talk to pro standards.

Some idiots may not care enough about their own careers to stop acting like 8 year old retards on a frequency which is publicly available, but the rest of us need to act.

Don’t tolerate these clowns on your aircraft. Regardless of which seat you are in, say something. I have never flown with anyone childish enough to play games on guard, but if I ever do, it will absolutely stop.

Police this ourselves. We don’t need a CNN story about this Beavis & Butthead nonsense. If this is found to be coming from 121 aircraft, we all look like idiots.

(And yes, some of this is from 121 aircraft. We really do hear that voice on approach later.)