Thread: UPS 2019 Hiring
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 AM
UBA727
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B747 F/O

Originally Posted by howardhughes8 View Post
And under 2 years Fedex 757, 4 years Airbus. I have several friends at Fedex who have been there 10+ years, one almost 15, could of easily been WB captain by now. But his QOL, his vacation, his kids are more important than money and never wants to move to MEM, which living in base is probably the only way to have a semi decent life as a junior Captain. The proverbial discussion that many of us in this industry believe: “If you can’t live very comfortable with $225k-$250k (as a senior FO), maybe a bit more, well, something is not right”. I am totally with G550, life as an FO is very good, and luckily the vast majority of our Captains are a pleasure to fly with, great folks, hence why many here have no power trip and no desire to degrade our QOL. But for those that do want it, for whatever reason, it will be certainly very nice to have the option.
I am a very Junior 747 FO at UPS and with 10 months of 2nd year pay last year and doing just 2 JA's the entire year, I made $215,000! That includes per diem!