View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 10:35 AM
jcountry
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by Skypilotsv1984 View Post
It’s RJ pilots, you don’t hear it out west or during the middle of the night. That’s my theory.
Very likely.

I have heard some of those same idiots checking in with approach or tower later, and it was always an rj.

Used to be pretty rare, so I didn’t pay much attention, but it’s definitely on the rise again.

It’s unacceptle, and I hope we can deal with this stuff internally.

I actually heard these clowns meowing over real distress calls a couple times a couple years back. One situation involved a Cessna trapped on top of a cloud layer who was in a serious trouble. That’s when I really started to see red on this issue.

These guard clowns don’t seem to realize that real emergency transmissions happen which they cannot hear, yet due to the high altitude they are at, they are stepping on a very large area and blocking the whole damned thing-when they assume they are taking on a dead freq.

Whatever, I have no sympathy for anyone who does this crap. It’s not right to have some stupid ADHD comedy tour on an emergency frequency every day. Not funny. Not cool. Especially when people are actually trying to use the freq. for real life stuff.